My 11 month old won't drink his formula!

He will drink like an ounce and then put it down. Sometimes he gets angry at it. It's not clogged, it's not too slow. Could he just be done with it? Is it time to switch to whole milk?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 7:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• He may have the beginnings of and ear infection. It's not painful yet but the fluid is making sucking uncomfortable. Has he had a cold recently. Tis the season.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He might be ready for milk. Once my son switched from formula to milk I needed a cow. I never saw a kid drink so much milk. He is now almost 13 and still loves his milk. But 1st, check with your pediatrician.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It may just be that he's outgrown the nipple. Try buying either sippies, or a nipple with a larger hole. At his age, he's drinking more, and probably wants to drink it faster. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Try a sippy cup. He may like the change. Give him some time to adjust to it. And ask doc if he can go to milk
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Try and see if he wants it or maybe you can put some cereal in it.
    bunbun8201

Answer by bunbun8201 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2011