Since my Sharm el Sheikh vacation is out the door, now where should I go?

We (dh, 3 kids and I) were going to meet friends in Sharm el Sheikh Egypt for 2 weeks in April. Now that it's not a wise choice I have been invited to travel with a girlfriend and her daughter to Lagoa Santa Brazil, purely for relaxation. This trip would be with my 3 children, but without my DH.
DH wants us to take a family trip to Italy...obviously a lot of touring around, no relaxing. We can travel to Italy anytime, Brazil is with someone who has a house there, the downside to Brazil is DH won't be there.

Where should I go? Which is the better choice IYO?

Patient.Mama

Asked by Patient.Mama at 7:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Travel

• If you can do Italy anytime then why not make plans to do both? I do a girls only trip every summer, just me and dd. Then we do a couple family vacations as well.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 7:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Since you were planning to go the Mid-East, why not Eilat, Israel. It is the Palm Springs of Israel. Very relaxing.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I want to wait until things calm down a little bit there, we do have family in Jerusalem and plan on travelling around (if they let us).  But that's a thought too!  I will keep that in mind. 

The problem is dh, I don't want to feel guilty for leaving him behind.  He just got back from Brazil on business so my thought is it's MY Turn!  Right?  I want to know if it's worth it though.  Of course my girlfriend will say it is because she is Brazilian.  Has anyone been there? Or to both Italy and Brazil?  Which vacation would someone prefer.  Or should I travel to the ME?

Patient.Mama

Comment by Patient.Mama (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Torremolinos, Spain

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Go where you all can go and don't leave anyone behind. Especially DH.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 4:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011