Does Anyone Know How to Start Marketing Your Own Crafts?

LoreAnn

Asked by LoreAnn at 7:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Etsy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Sometimes shops in your town might let you put some of your things on display. My cousin displyaed her things in the local hairdressing salon. And included busineess cards to take. eBay is another idea
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Etsy?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You can start with local craft fairs, or for online sales, try Etsy.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thank you!
    LoreAnn

Comment by LoreAnn (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• local craft fairs, http://www.etsy.com/ and don't forget community business fairs - there was a rug maker at the last one I went to.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Start at a local craft fair. Or set up a stall at a local market, like a farmers market. You definitely need to test the water before you jump in. There might be a special market for Mothers Day. Check with the galleries and craft stores around town.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I started at our local Farmer's Market during the spring. It goes once a week all through spring, summer, and fall. It was great exposure to get my name out there and I actually sold my items as well. Beyond that, I started a Facebook Fan page for my business and I made some business cards. I also have a seller's account on Etsy and on Artfire. Plus I Twitter about my online stores. There are so many different handmade groups and teams out there, just find ones that fit with what you are looking for and join! On Etsy, there are many many great teams that will also help you promote your business. There is also a group on Facebook called Handmade with Love. Good luck!!!!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You could actually stay at home and put a sign up and give certain hours and days. in the summer you could put your stuff out to be seen. my daughter's neighbor does that and she sells out like crazy and takes orders too. If people see it in "person" it is harder not to buy it. Online you can talk yourself out of it easier. lol craft fairs have sooooooooo many people set up you may or may not do well. Good Luck I hope you makes lots and lots of money. Why don't you put a couple of pics on here for the ladies. you don't have to say you are selling them. just to show us. i dont think you can sell things on here. but I know I would love to see them.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2011