Breeched? HElp? I'm almost 38 weeks. Any chance he'll turn??

I had an ECV done to try to turn him and no luck. Been breeched for 11 weeks now. Do you think he'll turn? My doctor wants to schedule a csection.
This is my 2nd child and I had a nice labor and delivery for my first.

krystlegayl

Asked by krystlegayl at 8:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If your doctors don't do vbacs, I'd wait to see if he turns. You are still not "full term" anyway, and babies can turn any time, even after birth. If you're planning on more kids, and want to aim for natural births but your hosp. doesn't allow vbacs, you'll want to put off that c-section as much as you can. C-sections come with just as many, if not more, risks. It's major surgery, and not to be entered into lightly.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Give him time, he might.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My son was born 10 days early and turned the NIGHT before my water broke and I gave birth. I would try to find out if he is butt or feet first. My son was butt and the midwife was willing to try and deliver vaginally if he didn't turn. Also see an accupuncturist I have heard they can get them to turn. I would also not schedule a section before your due date. I would give the little guy time to turn and if your doctor won't allow a vaginal delivery then wait until you go into labor and then go in for the section. You can also see if you can find a midwife or doctor who will allow a vaginal for breech.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He may turn - best of luck to you.

My youngest was posterior and breech - stayed that way for several weeks, up until I had to have an emergency c-section (placenta previa). Crazy kids!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think its pretty bold of your doctor to want to schedule you for a c- section already! Babies can turn at anytime.

I read something that can help sometimes is if you sit in a warm bath with an ice pack at the top of your stomach the baby will turn to where it is warmer.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would do a lot of things to help baby to turn.
    I avoid unnecessary risks and wouldn't have a cesarean unless of an emergency, or do an ECV.
    Having a vaginal breech birth is normal and I would certainly go that route for safety reasons.

Ask for a different provider and then you can try the several options.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My youngest was until about a week before he was born... BUT that isn't a reason to have a c-sec. Any Doc who off the bat says schedule a c-sec for breech is someone I would go running from as fast as I could.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• This sounds crazy, but put a bag of frozen peas on your belly. The baby may turn away from the cold and get into a head-down position. This was recommended by my OB and it actually worked.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011