Thanks for the advice TMI adult content

You all told me I probably had a bacterial infection and I do, well dr said I also have blood in my urine, for the last 6 months I been on meds for uti and or bladder infections and bacterial infections. (specialist)Dr wants me on meds for my uti and etc till june. So what could the blood be caused from? I know this isnt the place for this question but you all are so smart and such great help. THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• What did the dr. say about this?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I know some who have that, and end up with Kidney Stones. Have they checked for that???
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The UTI can cause it, inflammation, injury to the urinary system (anywhere in the system), kidney stones, even strenuous exercise can cause it. Since you have had an infection, or several, for the last several months, I'm betting that's why there is blood in your urine.
    I'm curious, do you finish all of your antibiotics when you are prescribed them? If you don't, that would be why the infections don't clear up. Sometimes the bacteria are resistant to the antibiotics. They can become resistant because the antibiotics are not taken as prescribed. So, be sure to take the full amount prescribed. If the one given makes you sick, let your doc know, so they can give you a different one. Also, antibiotics tend to cause yeast infections, so watch out for that as well.
    Hope you feel better!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks all, The dr said it was probably cause I am getting another UTI but I never had blood in my urine. Yes I take all my meds cause I am tired of feeling like this, I been on meds for the last 6 months or so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Can you get a 2nd opinion? Not to scare the crap out of you, but a friend of mine had this same issue and it turns out that she had herpes that never showed external symptoms, only internal ones that affected her bladder. I'm not sure if it's a certain strain of the virus that causes this or person dependent, but regardless, I share this because she went through 2 years of agony with a misdiagnosis and painful treatments that did NOTHING for her problem. In fact, the treatments actually made it worse. Once she got on the right meds, she has had fewer problems, much less pain, and no more treatments that caused it to be worse. Good luck to you.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• when was your last pregnancy? gallbladder takes it hard when pregnant
    have no idea - just a stab in the dark
    also med for 6 months can help of course but also make your whole system out of wack
    agree with 2nd opinion

hugs= hope you are better very soon
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have been to 3 different doctors and they all tell me the same things, A regular dr, a ob-gyn and a urologist. (Might of spelled that wrong)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My last pregnancy was 11 yrs ago. Tubes tied 3 yrs ago
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had blood in my urine from a UTI before. It's caused by the irritation the infection causes to the lining of your bladder. I kept getting bladder infections like every month or two until I figured out it was because I wasn't peeing after sex (we'd just cuddle and go to sleep after). Since I found out and now get up and pee every time - I haven't had one UTI. Don't know if that is your issue, but just a thought.
    KarenT214

Answer by KarenT214 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I've had 3 UTI's and 2 of the 3 I had blood in my urine. The 3rd one didn't have any and there was also no pain. I only found out about it because I was pregnant and they always test urine at every visit.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2011