If you have your taxes direct deposited- what time did they go in your bank account?

According to the irs website- my federal was scheduled to get deposited in my account today. I figured mine would be like any other deposit and go in at 12am. I have been reading claims that the irs does deposits at different times throughout Fridays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• It is not only the IRS. It depends on how your bank handles deposits. Some do not post until tonight. I would decide that it will show up by Tuesday. and relax. Do not let the money burn a whole in your pocket. Stop and think about the best way to spend it. Pay off bills, Build a back up fund for bad times. Do not blow it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• wow nice way to tell people how to spend their own money. mine was deposited around midnight its hard to wait when you know its coming or supposed to already be there. hang in there.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm not sure, I only knew it would come today. And it's there - not like I can spend it though.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't know what time the deposit posted, probably after 11 pm CST. I know it was there this morning when I checked my balance.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The first poster is right. The time is determined by your bank, not the IRS.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Mine was in at 12:01am....I did some shopping online right after seeing it in the bank!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The direct deposit is done the day before.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2011