what does it mean if u haven't seen ur period in over a month?

but i have taken a home pregnancy test it came back negative so i went to the doctors and took a uine test and it came back negative so a few weeks later i took another home test and it came back negative. does anyone have an idea what it possibly means because my last period was December 20th.

jrthomas15

Asked by jrthomas15 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well apparently you are not pregnant
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Stress can be a factor in why your cycle is late. If you are stressed...or even worrying about your cycle can make you stop. Sometimes your body just reacts to anxiety or you can trick your body without realizing it. Not sure, but if you took at test at the Dr's office and it came back negative...if you want your cycle, see if they can help jump start it for you. G'luck.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• how would they jump start my cycle and thanks
    jrthomas15

Comment by jrthomas15 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It is time for a question mark or an exclamation point if your period is missing.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Could be hormones.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• there are so many reasons you're not getting your period. like someone said stress. stress is a factor in not getting your period, as well as massive weight loss, illness just to name a few. how old are you? you said u took a home pregnancy test and urine test at the doctor's and they have all come back negative. Have you done a blood test for pregnancy? The home test and the urine test at the doctor's is pretty much the same. Hope everything works out for you.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If you haven't seen your period in over a month then you seriously need to start using some punctuation.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• They can jump start you're cycle by giving you some medicine. It took a while for my period to start after I had my son and they gave me a hormone pill to take for 5 days and then my period started. Your OBGYN will give this to you.

carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Why didn't you ask your doctor this when you got your urine test?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Doctors don't get too worked up until you have three missed or irregular cycles. There are a number of things that can cause you to miss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2011