Hand me down between friends??

I have a lot of friends that have kids a bit bigger and smaller than my kids. Lately it seems everyone is on the hand me down rotation and cleaning closets and moving things around... I have gottten rid of 2 big bags to the smaller kids and aquired about 2 and a barbie sleeping bag! This is so much fun to get rid of things and aquire new! Who else does this?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 8:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We did this when my children were small. It was great!

Answer by Bmat at 8:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We do it amongst family since DH's extended family is so huge. When we have birthday parties etc we know someone will be getting a bag or two of clothes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My brother sends me stuff b/c his daughter is bigger than mine. But I don't have anyone with a smaller kid to give it to.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 8:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I LOVE hand me downs! I rarely have to buy my kids anything other than underwear, socks and a few special outfits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We always do this! I love getting things and the people I give to love receiving them. Especially in this economy, it is silly to buy things new when you can get decent hand-me-downs.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i have been doing this sense the kids birth, and if i dont have a person to hand it down to i either take it to the cosignment shop or give it to the thift shop that support the senior of our county (with meals on wheels , home care help, ect) i can ever bring myself to thourgh any thing out....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My DD goes to private school where the uniforms from Land's End are pretty expensive ($40/skirt). One classmate changed schools and gave us GOBS of new and barely used uniforms. I mean GOBS of clothes (like, why would one child need 15-20 of the same plaid skirts and something like 30 shirts/blouses??). We definitely made out because previously my DD would rotate her 4-5 uniform items and I would just wash them weekly. She is set now for the next two years until she graduates in 8th grade. Just what we needed in these hard economic times. That other family so blessed us!!
    bittybabymom

Answer by bittybabymom at 10:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• None of my friends/family has kids anywhere close to my kids sizes, so I don't usually get hand-me-downs. My kids are older than my niece and nephew though, so I send clothes to my brother all of the time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I LOVE doing that. People help me out all the time so I pay it forward. Also, its like getting new things for free! FUN!!!
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2011