Are there any acne products out there for children?

My son is 10 years old and is starting to get terrible acne! He has such fair skin I don't want to try anything with powerful agents in it! Any ideas will be so appreciated! Thank you so much!

HeatherJane1

Asked by HeatherJane1 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Studies show that a very effective treatment is the combination of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide is very effective. You can buy any number of products with those. My daughter used face pads and cream. One has one medicine and one has the other. Also, if he uses any sun screen or anything on his face make sure it is oil free. My dermatologist once told me that was the number one cause of acne. Girls should only use oil free face creams and make-up. Good luck!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• "Clean and Clear" for sensitive skin is what my DD11 uses. It's gentle on her face.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• clean and clear
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Talk to his doctor. He could also take a lose dose antibiotic dailly.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 9:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: she washes her face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before she washes her face, she puts on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Clearasil pads always worked for my kids
    Jackmother239

Answer by Jackmother239 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2011