PMS - anxiety getting out of hand...

I'm 42 and have never really had major pms before, just a bit of cramping. Since I've turned 40 it seems like nearly 2 weeks before my period I get really awful anxiety and depression and it is getting worse...this past time I could have just stayed in bed and cried, but forced myself to go thru the motions of daily life. Once I get my period, I feel a huge weight off my shoulders. So my question is, does anyone else get like this and how do you treat it? Thanks for any advice.

aw119

Asked by aw119 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Health

• I am 22 years old and the only thing I've had to deal with are major cramps and being emotional. I got on birth control about 6 months ago and the cramps have been cut down majorly, but I've noticed I'm more irritable.

Have you spoken with your doctor? Maybe it's time for a hystorectimy (not sure on the spelling :/ ) Or making taking hormones to balance you out?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i had the same issues and my doctor put me on zolof and it help a whole lot. i am 39
    14donnamiller

Answer by 14donnamiller at 11:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2011