Beef Stew Recipe

It is FREEZING here and I want to cook a pot of beef stew today. Would you care to share any good recipes with me! Thanks!

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 8:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Pour a can of Guiness in it ; )
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I don't really have a recipe, per se. I generally buy a large package of stew meat, or a chuck and a small sirloin roast and cube them. Dredge in flour seasoned with celery salt and fresh ground pepper. Brown the meat in small batches (usually eating several pieces along the way! lol), and when they're all well browned, I add chopped onion to the pan and let that cook for a bit until it starts to caramelize, then add 1 tbsp or two of tomato paste, the meat, a bit of the flour from the dredging, and stir it all up. Then add a couple quarts of beef broth (or water if I don't have any), enough to barely cover, and simmer it for a couple hours. When the meat is tender, I add sliced carrots and diced yukon gold potatoes and simmer until vegetables are fork tender. You can add other veggies if you like. Hubby adds the baby peas from Le Seuer at the last minute, just stirs them in.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Beef Stew Meat
    1 Can Golden Mush Soup
    Lima Beans
    Carrots
    Onions
    Potatoes
    3 Bay leaves
    some rosemary

in a crock pot cook for 6 hrs on low

on the stove, i guess cook til the meat is cooked thru and potatoes and carrots are soft.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2008