how do you have 3 kids and not want anything to do with them?

my sister is 26 years old and has three children. she basically wants nothing to do with them. because of her no one on her side of the family is allowed to see her two youngest daughters. which the oldest i have only met once and her youngest i havent seen at all =( it just really hurts me because i am a family person and its so not fair that i cant have a relationship with my neices until she gets clean! i just dont understand it i would do anything to be with my boys they are my whole world! ugh sry just had to get it out.

Littleguysmommy

Asked by Littleguysmommy at 10:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Drugs. That sums it up right there. My cousin has two children and would rather do meth and drugs then get them back. Plus her new man doesnt want another mans kid so they are trying for their own.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Omg thats horrible =(
    Littleguysmommy

Comment by Littleguysmommy (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• you said the reason in your question....until she gets clean!
    a mother on drugs is not a mother, that is a person whose only priority is drugs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have the same situation. I have three nieces.. I took care of them when my sister did 5 years in jail.. I had them from when I was 15-20.. she got out and did some horrible things so I just stopped talking to her but kept in touch with my nieces.. till one day Mandolin calls me crying cause she is being sent to Georgia cause her mom can't handle her.. WTF. Two years later they are in some foster home somewhere and I can't even find out where cause they feel I might tell my sister. UM NO she is a crack head that isn't allowed anywhere near my son. I miss my babies more than anything but cause my sister is a screw up I can't see them. It sucks so bad.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 10:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• its horrible! it hurts me soo bad! and she acts like they are the most important thing in her life. my nephew is with his dads aunt so we see him often but he is sooo emotionally damaged its horrible. i fell so bad!
    Littleguysmommy

Comment by Littleguysmommy (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011