I am planning my daughters 1st birthday party, the theme is cupcakes but since money it tight i am looking for easy diy party favors and decoration tips, help please!!!

lmmorales

Asked by lmmorales at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Entertainment

• Unless your having a bunch of little kids there I wouldn't worry about party favors.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That theme is too cute! Well lets see... As far as a cake goes Im sure you can home bake it as opposed to store bought which can get pricey :) Also what you can do is get the cupcake holders - A bunch of them (they are pretty cheap) and some string. Thread them through the middle onto the string facing opposite ways and voila! You have your own streamers!
    You could go on the internet and print out little food labels with cupcake on them. I did that with Whinnie the Pooh and Friends for my daughters 2nd birthday :) and give them little rhymes with healthy kid friendly foods (Ex: Super Sweet Strawberries, Yummy Wommy Mac-N-Cheese, etc)
    Print or draw large cupcakes and stick them to the doors for Door Decorations.
    Also to maybe make the house smell like cupcake Im SURE they have a candle at the dollar store that you could get :) That would be pleasant :)
    Good Luck - Let us know how it turns out!!
    jacquiey9285

Answer by jacquiey9285 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It's a one year old kid. They don't need favors. Trust me by the time they reach 10 or 11 you'll be so tired of favors. They are just cheap items that break in 5 min or get thrown out. As my kids got older I gave out $5 gift cards to barnes and noble or borders. This way each kid could pick out their own book. If you really want to give out something go to the dollar store and get a book.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• wish i could help more but these ladies covered it all. i bought my kid's favors at the dollar section of target. if they're all little thats a great place
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• For the cake, they have those cake pans that make the huge cupcakes. And do a smaller version for her smash cake. Once you pick the colors, it'll be easier. My dds 2nd birthday is going to be done in cupcakes, pink and purple. So we are using pink and purple streamers, table clothes,utensils, and balloons. we are going to do purple high c with sprite in it and pink sherbet floating in it. For center prices, if your getting her 1 year photos done, put them in cute frames and put them in the middle of the tables with balloons. If not, just tie balloons to a cute weight of some sort. Kroger has individual cupcakes in little plastic containers, those would make cute center prices too. And they are yummy! Or use some old socks that no longer have matches and make them into cupcakes. They have tutorials online. Of course you'll want to make sure they are cute socks.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• (Dang limit)
    You can also find a cute 1 or cupcake online, print them off use double sided tape and tape them onto s toothpick for a cupcake topper. They also have super cute cupcake wrappers in etsy.com. Inversions would be really easy too, et some cute scrap booking paper and make cupcakes. The caddles can be the #1.
    I wouldn't worry about favors. They can always just take a cupcake home!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011