Is it a boy????

Went for my ultrasound yesterday at 20wks 3days. As she was doing the measurements and such, she went down to measure the femurs in the legs. We were watching the screen and she asked if we wanted to know the sex. Of course we did, and she said good cause it wouldn't have been a secret for long. As soon as she moved between the baby's legs you could clearly see his boy parts. She said she is 100% certain he is a boy. No doubt in her mind whatsoever. Question? Do you think there is a possiblity the baby could still be a girl?

ModernMommie

Asked by ModernMommie at 10:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There's always a chance that they looked at it wrong, and thought one thing was another... but when it's that obvious, the chance of it being wrong is pretty slim. With my son, it was clearly a boy, just like with yours...I had no doubt in my mind after that!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• There's always a possibility. But when it's that obvious to someone who does that for a living, I'd tend to trust them.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• There's always a possibility. But I tend to trust the ultrasound technician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Lol.. No.... My son showed his package lol... ALL the time. I had gestational diabetes so i had Ultrasounds done weekly and made them show me because I thought In my own mind I would have a girl.. she wasn't wrong.. its pretty hard to be wrong when they show their parts though.. are you having disappointments at all? they do go away!~I promise
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Sounds pretty certain to me. Boys are great!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• nowadays no. for a supposed girl to be a boy yes, but not the other way around
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• LoL! Thanks for the comments.
    Maxsmom - No disappointments at all. I have a 1 yr old daughter, a boy is what we wanted, though we would have been happy either way. I was hoping to post a pic, but my computer doesnt like me today.

Again thanks Mommas...
    ModernMommie

Comment by ModernMommie (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2011