At what age did you start to feed your baby any food other then forumula or breast milk. And what did you give him or her?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• With my 13 year old I started rice cereal at 4 months. With my other 4 it was between 4-6 months and it was cereal for all of them. They were all breastfed and since I'm anemic, the iron intake was an issue for them too.

Answer by missanc at 11:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• 6 months, banana
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• 6 months
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Rice cereal at around 14wks
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 11:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm pretty sure I will be the only one answering this way, but I practice virgin gut until a year old. That means nothing but my milk until right before the first birthday (so they already know how to eat and can enjoy the birthday meal.) In doing this, we also avoid the whole baby food stage, and they eat what we eat, as soon as they start eating.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Both my DD got rice cereal starting at 2 months. Don't bash me, I think they were ready for it b/c they started wanting to eat more frequently and it seemed to satisfy them. Then by 4 months, they got simple fruits such as applesauce and mashed potatoes. I made my own baby food so it was just so fun to experiment with combinations once they handled one ok, we would move on to the next. I think this gave them the good appetite and not being picky characteristic they have now.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my kids had cereal in their bottles before they were 3 months old. I guess your not supposed to do that these days lol. My son was just friggen hungary and my daughter had reflux. As far as jared foods, they both started on the green vegies at around 4.5 months old
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• 7 months, mashed avocado
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i started rice at about 2 1/2 to 3 months and baby food along with it like the fruits and sweet potatoes but my kids had acid reflex and low weight gain they are happy healthy toddlers now one is 3 and the other is 17 months
    shannonmcgeehen

Answer by shannonmcgeehen at 2:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011