childrens salons ?

experiences? reviews? opinions? etc.
my son is 10 months old, i am considering going to one in town..... but idk???

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• We've always taken my two year old to Snip Its. He's always gotten a decent haircut, they blow bubbles for him which he loves, and I make sure I clip a coupon to take with us! We took him for the first time when he was 11 months.

Answer by missanc at 11:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We took DS1 to Cool Cuts when he was around 1. They have movies and fun seats and video games for the older kids... Ours is great! DS still cries for the first couple of minutes but that's because he doesn't like things that move that aren't supposed to (like wind up toys or in this case the buzzy clippers, scissors scare him too). They're really good about knowing how to deal with kids and make them feel comfy. We really like our place (and with the video games I think DH might want to get his hair cut there too!).
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 11:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I love Snip Its. But I know they dont have theym everywhere. They are so good with the kids, their place is cute and very kid friendly. The prices arent bad and the kids are always happy when they are done.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Oh I forgot to mention... ours seems to specialize (from what I've seen) in small people (like 1-3 years old) and special needs kids. I think once a kid is used to the idea of a haircut and doesn't need to be distracted then the kiddie places are a little expensive (unless they have younger siblings and you can get them all done at once) but I don't see like 6+ there unless you use it as a special treat or something.
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 11:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2011