Feeling Conflicted

My SO and i had a fight about a week ago. and we have been taking slow steps to reconnect. Which is fine with me.
But his birthday is coming up and we were supposed to take a trip to Cancun, but with the fight we decided that we should post pone it. So he has been saying that he wanted to go to new york, and stay the weekend and go shopping. I am fine with that.
So then he says, "Yeah i was gonna ask you if you wanted to go with" my excitement became short lived because in the same breath he said "if i don't go with my friends" I felt like i had been slapped in the face. Why offer me to go with you, only as a second choice? I know we fought and have been taking things slow, but what the hell!!! I feel like he wants to make an effort toward working things out, and then he goes back to being an ass!!
How should i proceed? I'm confused.

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 11:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him go to ny with his friends, you take the trip to cancun. There's no way, even after a fight my hubby would do that. Most likely because he knows I wouldn't put up with that. IMO it doesn't sound like he is too worried about fixing this.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Wow seriously? He's gonna put his FRIENDS ahead of trying to fix things with YOU?!?!?! I say screw him let him go with his friends and when he comes back his shit would be waiting for him on the porch with a note that says when you learn to put MYSELF and our FAMILY FIRST before friends then you're more than welcome to go live with one of those "great" friends of yours and if you decide to change and put your FAMILY first than you're more than welcome to come home. Until then have fun with your friends." But that's just me. Good luck and I hope things work out for you but he sounds like he's being a total selfish asshole.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 11:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2011