When did your baby go down to 1 nap?

Hi everyone! I'm a big question-poster today! hahaha! I'm just wondering when your child went from 2 naps to 1?
I've read typically anywhere from 15-18mos, but it has been brought to my attention that since my daughter is not sleeping through the night (at 11mos) and needs to be rocked at night that maybe she's getting too many naps. She's tired enough for both of them, though... hmmm not sure! Thank you!

TP1283

Asked by TP1283 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest took 2 naps until he was 18 months..and I had to stop them..he wasn't ready. My youngest stopped taking 2 at 9 months and stopped taking naps altogether at 15 months. I still made him lay down..but he never went to sleep after 15 months. My oldest was sleeping throught the night even with 2 naps. My youngest slept through the night about 13 months old.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• that same thing happened with both my youngest two. So I took away their mid morning nap and just gave them an afternoon nap.They were then sleeping through the night. With my youngest I limited the nap to two hours because then she will sleep to long in the afternoon and bedtime was not fun.
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 11:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• sorry this is when they were 12 months old
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My son is only wanting to go down for one afternoon nap. He will be one in a couple of weeks!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my dd went down to 1 nap at about 11 months! it depends on when she wakes up tho! sometimes she takes 2 but i try to keep her up to get her to one nap so she doesnt mess up her routine!! she sleeps all night with one nap!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Both of mine went to one nap around a year old and then gave that up at age two
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Somewhere around 11 or 12 months.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• She just turned 8 months and some days she only does one nap, but some days she does 3. I dont think it has anything to do with sleeping through the night.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• DD is 7 months and some days only goes for one nap! Most days two though...
    LiviLove613

Answer by LiviLove613 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011