Should I wear make up to work EVERYDAY?

I just started a new job at a grocery store. I'm low man on totem pole like I help people out with groceries and count their cans. But I'm proud that I even got a job!!! I like to wear make up but some days I'm just not up for it. Do you think it's appropriate to wear make up every day or would it be ok to skip some days? I'm wondering if I should pick either to wear make up to work or not and stick with it.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 11:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wear make up everyday because it makes me feel better, makes me feel more put together. But it's really up to you.
    BlissAglow

Answer by BlissAglow at 2:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think that as long as you're neat and tidy and well groomed, it's okay to skip make-up some days and wear it others. I worked in a grocery store too as a cashier and I did the same thing.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 11:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Wear make-up when ever you feel like it. Having a job doesn't require you to wear make-up. If you feel like doing it every day then do it. If not then wear it when every you want.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'd take 5 minutes to at least do mascara and lipstick or gloss

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Not necessary really. I think as long as you look presentable it's fine. And if you do wear make up it should be tasteful and not make you look like you're going bar hopping. lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have acne scarring. It's getting better since I started using a nighttime moisterizer (guess it's healing it quicker) so if I wear make up, I have to wear concealer and foundation. Then I usually wear a thin line of eyeliner, mascara, and chapstick. I dont do lipstick hardly ever and I dont do eye shadow hardly ever. I keep it simple and tasteful. Thanks for the support. I just wanted to hear it was ok not to wear it today...THANKS!!!
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yeah, I agree it'sw really up to you, but my feeling is if you do want to that's fine, but if you don't want to today, heck yeah, it's fine not to have to wear the make up. Have a great day !
    dr_m

Answer by dr_m at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If you don't have to wear make up everyday, DON"T! Be comfy and be you!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Havind said that, you are the "low man on the totem pole", i would suggest that you do wear at least some kind of makeup everyday. You want to show the store and management, that although you may not be "manager", you really care about your job, yourself, and the appearance of not just yourself, but of the store as well. Even if it is just some quick powder, mascara, blush and chap stick, it shows that you at least took a little time to care about your appearance. Remember that, you not only represent yourself when yu are working, you represent the company you work for. And just showing that little effort, can go a long way. Not just for your job, but for you too. Just taking a few minutes to fix yourself up a bit, can give you that little boost of confidence for your day.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Make up is not important but grooming is. So don't worry about it. Some days I just use moisturizer and lip balm.

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011