Hairstyle Help

I have long layered hair. It's down to middle of my back (longest layer) but shortest layer was cut too short by a hairstylist a while back. Never going back there and had it fixed but still waiting for it to grow out. It's now about halfway down back of my head. I would like to wear my hair down more often but I have to figure out ways to keep it off my face cause otherwise it drives me nuts. I have the side swept bangs and sometimes I pin everything right on top back and it looks nice and sometimes I pin the sides and top back in back like half up half down and make my bangs look nice but that it's other than a pony tail or messy bun. I need more styles. Any suggestions?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 11:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Check out You Tube! They have the best ideas and tips and videos to show you how. Love it!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I used to get layers but stopped, and they sometimes bring it up.. no. Was okay for medium length for me, but not if longer. I dont know a way to help you out, but I can commiserate I hate when they do that, esp if it's too short !
    dr_m

Answer by dr_m at 11:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My hair is sooo thick that layers really help take some weight off and my hair is strong wavy/slight curly and getting some weight off helps my curls bounce up so I have curls for option or straighten it. But I like my layers to start at my shoulders and go down. Then as my hair gets longer, they shortest layer gets longer. This one layer when it was first cut was almost to my crown!!! It was awful I never kept hair down b/c of it
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Ah, mine is thick and wavy curly too ! I like the options. I am trying to find questions I had seen once on shampoo or how often for thicker wavy to curly hair. Do some people skip shampoo ?? Just conditioner ?? That sound terrible way up to your crown.. that idiot. I would have worn a hat, lol.
    dr_m

Answer by dr_m at 11:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I shampoo and condition about every other day sometimes I skip 2 days. Depends on your hair and what it looks like. My hair always looks better the day or two after I shampoo it so if it starts to look oily at roots, I put baby powder on it to absorb it and brush it out after about 15 minutes that way my hair looks clean without washing it b/c washing it makes it look worse that first day. Some beauty people say wash once a week but my hair would look soooo greasy.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks. I cant find a search thing to look for the questions Im thinking of.. hmmm.. lol
    dr_m

Answer by dr_m at 11:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2011