Epidural the second time around..

I got an epidural when I had DD almost three years ago and have some built up scar tissue in my lower back. I went to massage therapy on and off since I had her to help stimulate the area, but it still hurts fairly regularaly. I am now pregnant with baby number two, and am wondering if it will hurt a lot more to GET the epidural this time, because of the scar tissue from the first time?

Anyone else been through this? What did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ~*Wow*~... I have have a 15 year old, 5 year old, and three year old... and all three times got an Eppie!!! To me that is natural birth!!! And at no point did I ever get scar tissue, have pain, and the last 2 ended up in CSections!!! And trust me, I was their handful, the first CSection I was grabbing onto stuff to keep from feeling like I was going to fall off the table...

You need to seek a doctor's help because there should not be any scar tissue or pain, and not 3 freaking years out!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Maybe, not sure.
    A lot of women do have complications from their epidural postpartum and past.

I wouldn't have an epidural because they are risky
    And there are many natural ways to cope so that you have less/little/no pain.

Why have pain when you don't have to?
    Why add risks when you don't have to?

I encourage you to look into natural birth!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011