Is your area experiencing a Natural Gas Shortage?

New Mexico:With tens of thousands of people across New Mexico without natural gas service, Gov. Susana Martinez on Thursday declared a state of emergency, ordered government offices be shut down Friday and urged schools to "strongly consider" remaining closed for the day

Texas:Texas Gas Service is continuing to experience natural gas pressure challenges in certain neighborhoods due to low pressure in pipes associated with the weather events.

Arizona:Natural Gas Outage in Tucson

Utah: Questar Gas Co. hit a new high Wednesday as it set a single-day record for the amount of natural gas delivered to its area customers. Freezing cold temperatures drove gas volumes to the highest levels in the utility's 82-year history.

California: CA Regulators have ordered Pacific Gas & Electric Co. to lower the pressure on some natural gas pipelines in heavily populated areas to 20 percent below their maximum thresholds

Any others out there?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Not yet, but I guess it's possibly coming with the horrible temps we've had lately. We keep our temp set at 65 at night and 67 during the day so I'm thinking we are already conserving.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Nope this is the first i am hearing of it at all
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yup
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes, and we have also had rolling blackouts from Oncor, since there is such a high demand for electricity.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Good gravy, I hope not. That's the last think I need right now.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm in NM and we all slept with our electric blankets last night because our gas was shut off. Every store within a 100 mile radius is sold out of space heaters so we've kept a fire in the fireplace and the oven is on self-clean right now because that throws a lot of heat. My husband was up half the night stoking the fire because he was afraid our toy poodle would get too cold.

It's an adventure.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No, but I'm waiting to see if it impacts our rates here anyway - our gas comes from a major multi-state, and our electric comes from hydro locally, but the parent company also does gas in other areas. Between the two I wouldn't be surprised to see both rates go up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No problems in the high five state.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Just got back from the DR with a wicked case of broncitis...one of the kids has it too. I haven't even caught up on the news yet. But PA's not in your list up there..
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No we're good here, but I heard Mexico provided electricity to Texas during their rare ice storm earlier this week.

http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=119346

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011