Friends Who Are Hard Work?

Does anyone one else want to commiserate with me? Do you have that one girl friend who is just so much HARD work? Not like you don't have other friends who are easy and low maintenance, but for some reason you are a glutton for punishment and just keep trying to make that ONE hard work friend happy and turn it all around. There are peaks and valleys with this kind. Just when you think...ahh this is a GOOD friendship..BAM! Hard work again! Just me? Just wondering?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 12:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No definitely not just you!! I had a friendship like that for years....it ended about a year and a half ago...I just had to walk away, too much damn hard work!!! Sometimes you have to assess whether or not the relationship is even healthy anymore, and for me it just wasn't!!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think I know what you're talking about. I have a friend who never comments on anything going on with me, never asks about my life and is constantly complaining about hers. Which is fine, it's okay if she needs to vent but she never offers any advice for me or ever really listens. So I feel like it's a one way friendship.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i aint got no friends! lol... sorta wish i was kidding. but not much. i only have one friend really that isnt family and i'd say she's the reason we're still friends ( i used to drop off the face of the earth every so often and she'd find me again. i had family problems so i'd give up social interactions alot)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Funny you should post this..I just ended things with that exact type of "friend" this morning. She also keeps hurting me, so I am DONE.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• are they a true friend if they are making u feel this way?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011