Any E-5 miitary familes go to H&R block for taxes?

What did you get back how many kids do you have? I am trying to see if I should go to H&R block to have them take a second look cause my hubbby just uses the people that the navy provides and I don't think they look for all the discounts...

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 12:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not an E-5 but Im an E-4 and I did mine there. I got my taxes back recently. I would go to h & r block if I were you even though you can get it done free on base. Don't go to Jackson hewitt. They charged twice as much for the processing fee as h&r block for us anyways.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My Husband and I went there when He was an E-5..did you know if you're a USAA member, you can go through them to get TurboTax for free (or pretty cheap if you can't do the free version)? Anyway, it was 2008 when We went to H&R Block, so I can't remember all that. Here's a bump!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Idk why it pushed anon lol. Ok we don't go to Jackson hewitt and our taxes weren't free. We paid $97 I think for it. We got back like 8500 but I think we could get more...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• When I was in the Navy, I used Turbo Tax and it was free.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011