In your opinion~Has Political Correctness Gone too Far?

Example:One of the officers who reported Hasan to superiors opined that Hasan was permitted to remain in service because of “political correctness” and ignorance of religious practices. That officer added that he believed that concern about potential discrimination complaints stopped some individuals from challenging Hasan. We are concerned that exactly such worries about “political correctness” inhibited Hasan’s superiors and colleagues who were deeply troubled by his behavior from taking the actions against him that could have prevented the attack at Fort Hood.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG - YES! Being PC was taken way too far a long time ago. People have lost their common sense over this.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Most definitely yes; it's sickening.
    Anonymous

• PC is getting ridiculous!!!!!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes. IMO it has gone too far. You see more and more people unable to understand or just accept that others might disagree with them. It ends up many times in calling one a racist, bigot or ignorant just because of a difference of opinion.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't place the blame on PCness, but rather on on our legal system. The legal eagles have all but tied all of our hands and practically gagged our mouths. Look at how COs can only say that you have worked for their establishment.....it's everywhere. Asinine rules and behaviors dictated by the fear of someone suing (and a loss of $$$/reputation). Turning one's head is the path of least resistance. Everyone having to put their fingers in the wounds before declaring that the patient is, in fact, bleeding.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think what caused this is superiors that didn't do their jobs. Forget the extremists beliefs for a minute..the fact that they thought he was PSYCHOTIC and SCHITZOID should have been the FIRST thing they flagged , pulled him and got him a psych eval...

THEN you have someone who has publicly stated extremist ideals towards the USA and the war....

They gave him training , guns and deployment papers.....

They are partially culpable in the crime that took place

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It has gone to the point of stupidity.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• See... I think it's partially a confidence problem. I KNOW I'm not a bigot, so if someone is acting weird, I've got no problem speaking my mind about it. I also don't particularly care what random people think of me... I will apologize if I say something poorly, but I want to know why there wasn't more confidence in the chain of command.

You should have a good enough relationship with your superiors to be able to tell them a problem.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Forget the extremists beliefs for a minute..the fact that they thought he was PSYCHOTIC and SCHITZOID should have been the FIRST thing they flagged

Yes, it should have. In the end it was officially determined to be an act of terrorism though.

And yes, PC is going to be the downfall of this once great nation.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011