For some reason, I don't want to have sex.

It's not my husband I love having sex with him,...but ever since I had our son I can't have a an orgasm no matter how hard we try. Its not him...I think Im broken. I don't know waht to do. I feel bad when I turn him down and I don't want to tell him b/c he will think its HIS fault and its not.

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree that thre is nothing wrong with you and you are not broken. Your body has produced a beautiful child but with cost. Your hormone levels may have changed, your schedule has changed, your stress levels have changed, many things have changed...

Cut yourself some slack. Use this transitional time in your life to practice body exploration. Rediscover your sexual trigger and enjoy the process of embracing life's changes. Sex may not ever be like it was. Done right, it can be better!

Angela
    Angebor

Answer by Angebor at 12:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• First of all, how old is your son? Just enjoy yourself with your hubby and everything will fall in place and before you know it you'll be doing it and enjoy it.
    martamrdz

Answer by martamrdz at 10:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It takes awhile for your body to get back to normal after having a baby. There isn't anything wrong with either one of you. I think it realistically can take up to 6 months to get back into the swing of things.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 11:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• and it may not be as easy as it was before just try to stay in the moment. i have a hard time concentrateing in what i'm doing i always think about the laundry or something like that.
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• There's nothing wrong with you. We moms are tired and often have a lot on our minds. Just try to relax, be in the moment and enjoy your husband and the "O" will come!
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• You could try a sexual stimulant. Try finding a sitter and have a date with your husband, make out, but don't push yourself. Pamper your body, play a little, and make it fun. See if this helps.
    catlee2127

Answer by catlee2127 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2008