Success rate of clomid

I am starting clomid this cycle and my doctor told me to take it on days 5-9 it is 50mg has anyone taken this on this days? when did you become pregnant? what were some of the side effects?

momof2girls757

Asked by momof2girls757 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My doctor always told me that if it didn't work in 6 months, it wouldn't work at all. I took it and was pregnant within 2 months. I never experienced any side effects during that time.
    Anonymous

• I took several cycles and it did not work for me. I have PCOS and once I began seeing a fertility specialist I saw why it wasn't working for me. I never had side effects. But I also would never take it without monitoring - with my regular OB/GYN I just took it on days 5-9. With the specialist I took it the same days, but also had ultrasounds to see what was happening when I did take it.

A friend's wife took it for several cycles. They had twins, which, from what I understand, can be fairly common with Clomid.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I did 5 through 9 and was pregnant by month 4. I got a little moody and nauseated, but that was about it.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 5:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm 27, and have PCOS. I've done 7 rounds (of various dosages) and miscarried 2x. I got very moody and had hot flashes.
    I've since lost my health insurance haven't done anymore. Good luck!
    BlissAglow

Answer by BlissAglow at 7:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Just took it this cycle getting cramps in lower tummy fingers crossed af doesnt come this mth :-)
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 6:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Oh im takin 50mg days 2-5 of cycle
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 6:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm on my first month i took it 3-7 CD and I'm on 100mg. Side effects sucked the days took it. Still waiting on results of the first month!
    agarner1

Answer by agarner1 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I got pregnant after the second round of Clomid with my first child. I was EXTREMELY moody, we're talking it made PMS look like a picnic. I also got really bad hot flashes and night sweats.

Best of luck to you, I hope you get pregnant soon!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011