Did I sabotage my glucose test?

I feel like such an idiot. As I was siting there with my three little ones for the hour I pulled out a few fortune cookies that were in my purse and ate one of them. So did I mess everything up? I didn't even think about it. Uuuuuh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• those things do have a lot of sugar in them. you very well could have. a lot of women who don't fast fail the test
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yeah, I hate to agree with momofone cause those tests bite, but you more then likely messed with the results without realizing. I'll be hoping you lucked out though, cause I know going for the 3 hour one is just torture!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• there's 3 grams of sugar in a fortune cookie. a gram of sugar is a little more than a teaspoon. thats 3 extra teaspoons of sugar...you can tell them what you did and ask them to redo the 1 hour test so you don't have to do the 3 hour one
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The one hour is not a fasting test but although she did not tell me not to eat during I think I remember that from another pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• they tell you not to eat anything after you drink the glucola so call them NOW and tell them you ruined the test
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I guess I am destined for the 3 hour. That ought to be fun with the three in tow. Oh well, all my own fault.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• they'll redo the one hour test if you call them and tell them you ate a cookie after the glucola
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I guess you'll know when you have the results! Maybe you can talk them into retaking the 1 hour test again if you tell them what you did.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would just call and tell them you had a cookie. It doesn't mean you will fail. With all three of mine, my doctor told me I could have a normal light breakfast the morning I did the test. So I ate around 730, drank the stuff by 830 and was at the office by 930. I passed all three times! You will be fine!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes! That's why you have to fast.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011