Breastfeeding and sick

Ugh I hate waking up and being hit by a bug! So what do I do now? I'm BF'ing and don't know what do. I've heard that the baby is safe because of the antibodies, but is this true? She I be around my baby? And what can I take or do? So far I've gargled salt water and took some Tylenol. I have a extremely sore throat and clogged up ears.

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 9:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• I heard the best thing for you to do is keep breastfeeding because it will keep your baby from getting sick. It's true the antibodies in your milk will keep the babies imune system stronger and fight off infection.
    JustinesMommy

Answer by JustinesMommy at 3:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Just wait it out..I wouldnt take anything...I mean do you really need to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• If you do have to get anything from the dr, remind them you are breast feeding AND tell the pharmasist! I made this mistake once. I was given Erithromycin (sp) by the dr and the pharmasist didnt know I was breast feeding. We were both puking. Not fun. Waiting the few extra minutes is worth not having to go through that.
    One of our local hospitals has a call-in line to talk to a nurse. If you have something like that, call them, or your dr.
    singingoutloud

Answer by singingoutloud at 7:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008