What are good resources on starting a business?

After years of wondering I came up with a purpose and a dream on my future. I have an idea in mind. Is there good websites, organizations or books that show how to create business plan and budgets? I want to find a few investors and look at opening in 2-4 years after I finish school.

I am thinking of starting it out now as a side job with little over head then moving to bigger things with an actual store front.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Before starting my business, I spent lots of time in the library, reading and checking out books about small businesses, from the initial set-up to marketing and customer relations. It's hard to recommend a specific book because it depends on what kind of business it will be as to how beneficial you'd find each book. I'd hit the library if I were you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• www.score.org

www.sba.gov

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• There are lots of books including "Idiot's guide to" books and "______ For Dummies" books on starting a business, creating a business plan and what not. If you are in school I would highely recommend some business courses if you haven't already taken any.

You can also go to your states website and look up specific info and requirements for opening a business in your state, and I'd also look into county and city laws and ordinances.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I forgot about http://www.littlepinkbook.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2011