Surgery from tendonitis/carpal tunnel? Has anyone gone through this? How long did it take you to heal?

I had so many problems with my wrists, I've seen 4 doctors and my medical description has been labeled two ways: carpal tunnel and tendonitis. Either way, it was incredibly painful and I had cortisone injections in both wrists at different times. Finally, they gave me surgery on the inner wrist of my right hand. It feels like it's taking forever to heal, according to a lot of people, (the doctor himself who did the procedure), I should have had immediate relief. Well sometimes it still hurts and the scar is still tender (I had the surgery in August). I've already seen the doctor since then and he basically told me, the pain was in my head and that I'm more scared than anything else. I just want to know if anyone has had this and how long did it take you to heal?

txsgal

Asked by txsgal at 1:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Health

• I;ve had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands. Also tendon release on the inside of my right wrist. the CP.surgery brought immediate relief and within 3 weeks I was back at full speed. Ther tendon release was about 10-12 weeks before all the tenderness went away. The biggest difference for me was probably after starting Physical Therapy for both hands. I had let it go so long I have nerve damage and had serious loss of muscle tone. Both hands are now pain free and as well as could be expected. I hope yours feels beter soon too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had a cyst removed from my wrist and it was by far the worst pain I've ever had from a surgery! It takes a while to heal... but the medication helps! Maybe make some meals in advance; and get caught up on the laundry.... Hope you have some help!
    KiraHudson

Answer by KiraHudson at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011