My 15 year old daughter likes me hanging out with her and her friends, is this a good idea?

mommyshay922

Asked by mommyshay922 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• It depends on what you are doing, I think. If she enjoys you taking them to the mall to shop and see movies that is one thing. But if they are trying to take advantage of you in order to have your house be the "cool house" where they all go because they can do whatever they want then I say No Way!!
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 11:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• No, I feel that you should know your daugher's friends, but don't hang out with them, that's not right.
    martamrdz

Answer by martamrdz at 10:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• its cool to be cool with your daughter but you need to be her mother not her friend right now friends comes when she has her own kids right now you have to teach her what she needs to know to survive this crazy world
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• That depends on so many factors. In general it certainly doesn't hurt to spend time with your child & her friends. As long as she isn't using you for a "safety net" or avoids being with her friends alone, I would say enjoy it while you can.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008