do 2 year old's sleep thru the night?

my kid just WON'T sleep thrrough the night. The doc says I should let her cry but it is so hard to hear her cry, choke and yell for MAMA!!!!!

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wish I had an answer, I am one of those moms that let their child cry for a bit. But they were both sleeping through the night by the time they were 3 months old. Whatever you decide to do, you need to be consistant
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Do what YOU feel is best. My youngest is three going on four in April, and small for his age, and around midnightto 1am he still comes and crawls in bed between us... I've readenough parenting books to know this is his "control issue", but I'm not ready to let my baby go, and if this is the worst he does, not going to force him

He's intelligent, we push education in our home, he is empathetic towards other people, he is just an all around amazing little person... and I don't want to change too much of who/what he is because others don't like it? I usually wait for mine to fall back to sleep, place him back in his bed, and for me at least it isn't that huge a deal. He doesn't wet the bed, he doesn't hit others, he's not a biter, and I can think of a ton of things that could be much worse than not sleeping all the way through the night... thankfully I am a SAHM, so I don't need the sleep like those working. Try parenting book
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My 2 year old sometimes sleeps through the night... and other times he makes his way to our bed. He is my youngest, so I don't mind "babying" him a little... My older kids grew out of it. I use bedtime toys that make music; whenever we put him back in bed, we turn them on; that way, its consistant and he knows its time to sleep. I don't hink there is anything wrong with going to give her a hug and a kiss when she wakes up... just as long as she knows its time to sleep :)
    KiraHudson

Answer by KiraHudson at 1:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• mine only does about 50% of the time. we put him in a toddler bed ad he is doing much better!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011