tips for shaving legs?

seems no matter what my skin is sensitive to shaving. I only trim my pits because the skin is sensitive and when I shave my legs I cant apply lotion afterwards or it stings like crazy and I get a rash. I even use the sensitive formula. tips?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Try using olive oil instead of shave gel.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have the same problem. So I stopped shaving. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• dragon I went through a non-shave phase but it gets really hot here in south georgia so I started shaving again lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• What kind of razor are you using? I found I cannot use cheap razors or disposables. I use the Gillette Fusion. The blades are expensive but they don't tear me up. I also found the best thing to use to shave is hair conditioner instead of shave cream or soap
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I use disposables, the same SO uses, a double blade. I used to have an electric razor but it was a low end and the blade broke (Havent found a replacement). I guess I should invest in a better razor which has those refills.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Use a good thick skin cream a few hours earlier. Soak in the tub for about 10 minutes to soften your hair. Use a thick moisturizing gel rather than a foam - I like to get a fairly cheap hair conditioner that is not strongly scented. Use a good razor and use a new one every few shaves (I like the Schick Quattro - it has a fine wire wrapped around it so the chance of knicking is really low, and it gets everything in one swoop!). Make sure you're warm and there's not a cool breeze in the bathroom while you're soaking & shaving. When you're done, slather on something like olive oil, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash off, and use a very mild lotion/cream while your legs are still wet - or if you can't handle that, wait til a little later and slather on something. Aquaphor is supposed to be good, or eucarin - but I prefer Vaseline or Jergens lotions.
    Anonymous

• Try Gold Bond Medicated lotion. Or, get waxed!
    captainlove

Answer by captainlove at 2:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Use a good shaving cream for woman and a good shaver and take your time with it
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Using aloe to shave with works great!
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 11:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• the only shaving cream I can use is men's sensitive - it has this cooling effect that does wonders! Just make sure you get a good smelling body wash other wise you'll be walking around smelling like a man! Lol
    BlissAglow

Answer by BlissAglow at 2:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2011