anyone have a good recipe for a protien smoothie or shake? I am a vegetarian and trying to add some protein to my diet and don't have a clue as to what kind of protien powder to buy or how to use it :)

Tiffany3814

Asked by Tiffany3814 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• You really dont need as much protein as you think you do. Just make sure you are eating plenty of fruits and greens daily and htis is sufficient for protein requirements.

If you dont believe me I can give you a few points in the right direction for information. Let me know :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Throw this into a blender"

a few ice cubes, some peanut butter, a splash of milk, and a pinch of powdered instant chocolate pudding mix. Yummy!
    Anonymous

• Arbonne has a vegetarian protein powder -- it's what I use, as well as my personal trainer hubby. It's made of pea protein isolate, so no whey or soy (for women who have problems with soy). It has 18 grams of protein, 1.5 grams of fat and 110 calories per serving and makes delicious smoothies. There is even a website with recipes. Let me know if you want more information, or you can go to www.arbonne.com and look under "Figure 8". You can also go to www.gofigure8.com/ for some really cool ideas for recipes and other things =) PM me if you want more info.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• you should try almased - it is loaded with protein - soy based and all natural - I think you will like it - I have a link on my page - look for the journal posts - not only does it help people to lose weight - but when taken with meals you can maintain your diet with the added protein - I have all the nutrient and ingredients on one of my posts - i don't sell it, but do have a link for the company that does, they have the best price - not to expensive
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I got a protein powder from a low carb health food staore, I forget the name of it, but it was in a white canister with a blue lable (I think). I know I feel better eating more protien and it helped my weight loss.
    Boofer

Answer by Boofer at 8:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2008