How can i get my 21 month old to be more secure around men

I have a 21 month old girl who has become so scared of things. I took her to my mom last night and my brother was there. She literally curled up in a ball on the sofa - and would not look at anyone. Please help........

Raven220

Asked by Raven220 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would be terrified for my child. I would have her evaluated by the pediatrician for signs of abuse and watch her very closely. Not all abusive encounters can be physically detected so be very careful who you leave your child alone with. Children do not just randomly get terrified for no reason. Find out WHY!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i fully agree with kimebs!! take her to get evaluated.. if she is in a daycare or someone watches her during the day, its hard i know but grandpas uncles and daycare workers have touched little girls regardless of age and sorry if this offends any one but this a little girl that isnt scared of men for no reason she needs to be checked.. its a matter of a childs safety and well being..
    shiekybabee03

Answer by shiekybabee03 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008