Should my husband come home now?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and heave been on Brethine to stop contractions. I had my first child 6 weeks early so i am so very happy to be at week 35. My husband is working  in Virgina right now and we live in Oklahoma, so as you can imagine i am kinda freaking that he is not here yet. He plans on coming home after the 14th of Feb. but i think that he should come home now.  By the way if i do go into labor getting a flight from Virgina to Oklahoma can take as long as the next day depending on the time of day he tries to book a flight. Is It wrong for me to be upset that he wants to work a little longer?? What would you do/say if you were in my situation?

malleymom106

Asked by malleymom106 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I would ask him to come home because you need him to be there. But ultimately, it's his decision.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I mean I would be upset but why not meet in the middle about what time he comes home.
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He's probably thinking in terms of working more = more money for the baby.
    You are thinking, "I'm having a baby soon, where is my husband!?"

All you can do is discuss your concerns and make sure you have a support system near you, like family, if you do go into early labor.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes,he needs to be with u!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'd be upset. He is risking missing his Childs birth for work. I'd let him know you are nervous and you'd really like him to be home asap.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You need him home know and hearing your past I do understand that . He is your husband tell him the way you feel and let him know you feel better if he comes now and not get caught in some storm and not be able to support you through all this.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If he's gotta work he's gotta work. As much as you'd like to have him home, you need to ask if that's even possible. You can ask him to come home sooner, but if his boss won't let him leave you'll need a plan B. Yeah I took brethine too to stop labor. Once we decided it was safe to stop taking it the kid went a week over my due date. You'll be fine. Never hurts to ask if he can come home sooner.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• id try and get him there and best of luck momma!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It depends on how much you need the money, I know how you feel not wanting him to miss the birth and wanting his support during labor so if him leaving work now won't cause any financial stress than he should come home now.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011