want to take my lil girl to the library for the first time ever:)

how do i do it so that she isn't her normal screaming out of control self.

my daughter is strong willed i love her with all of my heart but some times she can be a little much. she loves books so i know she will love it there. but she gets really excited and gets really loud.

I just dont want her to get kicked out of the library at 17 months lol

shannonmcgeehen

Asked by shannonmcgeehen at 1:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to the toddler rhyme time - it's fun and lots of the kids get excited, she won't be out of place!

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I started taking my Son to the library when he was 18 months for infant/toddler playtime. You have to sign up in advance for all kinds of programs like puppet shows, story/dance time, theme days, Holiday parties. He LOVED IT! Yes, sometimes they have a fit, so you leave. It happens all the time & no one will judge, it's the age. If you leave enough times then the child gets the idea of "if I misbehave, we leave" and their behavior gets a lot better. I would make sure she is fed and not tired & go to the morning activities. We would also rent kids DVD's and take out books. It got to the point where he didn't want to leave! She will love it! You may also meet a Mom that you can become friends with too!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• she has one year and 5 month. Take her to Borders they have a calander planner, call because they sell learning toys too. So you can show her the kids table area with toys and she will feel confortable and if she goes to an activity day the asistant will give her a toy and crayons and have a nice day and if she screams you show her another story and so on. I think is better because you dont have to buy nothing and its a good experience for both.I can be in Borders for long hours with my dd.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• the winning does change after you go a few times.. she enjoys it and gets fussy you leave she'll realize that she can't stay if she isn't happy!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2011