fake trees are harmful, real trees are harmful

Here is my question and problem;
I had a fake tree for a few years and donated it to GoodWill. Then my husband wanted a real tree. I also read articles about how most fake trees are made in China and could be harmful. I then knew how my last Christmas was spent with the real tree inside. It made my holiday awful. I was congested and my asthma kept on flaring up and so did my daughter’s. So…here it is coming near Christmas and now I am not sure what to do. I am concerned about the hazards from fake trees. I am also concerned with the health issues from a real tree. I do not want to give it up all together. So anyone have my problem and found a solution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• The danger in the fake tree is ingestion. Don't eat it. The danger in the real tree, is your allergic reaction to that type of pine. Get a fake one.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would say just look around for a fake tree. Read the box and make sure it's made here. Real trees are horrable! Not to mention killing a much needed tree just to bring it in and let it trash your house and make you sick just to throw it away to get a new one next year really makes no sence! there are pleanty of fake trees out there that are not harmful! I am allergice to pine so we do fake, and prelit! It really makes things quite a bit easier.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Make your own with your daughter out of toilet rolls or something!! (although if your daughter is like 15 this probably wont be appealing lol).

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2008