Day Care provider

We have seen the same child care giver for for almost 2 years. She doesn't watch him the exact 8 hours. We need to have the ability to work 8 hours at work.. then pick him up.. How do i ask her this without upsetting her... or something. He goes to a christian in-home day care. We drop him off at around 7:15-7:30 and pick him up at 4pm. How would i bring it up and how would i ask her??
I would like to do it when we pick him up tonight.. please help !!

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 1:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does she have a contract with you, or is it more of a case by case thing? If she does have a contract, I'd look over it bc if it says her hours of operation are for 7-5:30 (which is the case around here) I'd just let her know your are going to be working more, but you will pick him up before she closes at 5:30.

BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm confused what you're asking. If you drop him off 7:15-7:30 and pick up at 4, that's more than 8 hours. If you want to extend your childcare, just ask her. If you'll be charged more for extra time, well, you are asking for extended service. I'm not trying to be rude, i just don't exactly understand what it is you want?
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011