Getting so irritated now - had to use tech support to fix my sound, now my headphones don't work when I plug them in..can anyone help?

Suddenly this morning my audio stopped working, I have a Dell Inspiron 19 with a Windows 7 64 bit operating system - the speakers are Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio, I gave remote access to a Dell tech who said the wrong audio drivers were installed and she supposedly installed the correct ones so now my sound works but when I plugged in my headphones a box popped up with the SmartAudio heading and it had a sound equalizer display and audio options - it showed that I plugged in headphones and that the headphones were turned on but there is no sound, just very faint white noise. I've never had this problem before and this box has never shown up before. I have no idea how to fix it, I went onto the website for Conexant which only lists options to download new drivers but i'm afraid to do that because I don't want to risk losing the sound completely again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Technology

• Headphones??? Are they the plug into the sound/microphone or USB??? Sometimes they need to be plugged in before boot up if USB... just a pain in the arse, I know... shoved that pair on my hubby and kept mine that have the 2 plug-ins in the back... so I can go between my headphones and speakers!!!

~*Hugs*~...hope I am a help

as for complications between sound card and headphone... drivers will not make you loose the sound card, just double check it is fully in its socket... that is the usually the simplest error!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• good luck
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2011