Did New York & Company Cheat me?

I got a direct mail piece saying that if I spend 150.00 I would get 60.00 off. I wanted to get an extra outfit but it was pretty pricey. Then when I got in line the lady said I had 18 more dollars to spend to get 60 off. I did. Then I went home and some things just didn't look that great the second try on. So I took them back to get what I wanted. The lady took off the returned items added the new ones and then I paid 30 bucks. Didn't make sense because after looking at the receipt, she took off 20.00 from that 60 I saved. I think I deserve my full 60.00 off because I still spent 150+ dollars. Should I dispute it?

sienna40

Asked by sienna40 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Shopping

• Here's what I think happened.....you used your coupon to get the things you originally bought and the price of the receipt adjusted to reflect that coupon (so it shows the lesser price paid). Then you went back and exchanged things, they gave you credit for the lesser price because that's what the receipt says you paid, then charged you for the new items you were getting. I don't think it was intentional, but their argument will be that the coupon was for anything that you bought at that particular time of purchase only. You don't get the benefit of the coupon on future exchanges and purchases. However, it doesn't hurt to ask them about it and see if they will adjust it for you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The chances you'll get anywhere are few. All they have to say is when you returned the items the promotion was over. Move on and let it go. In the schemem of things it isn't worth the stress. As always,IMO.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It probably wasn't intentional, especially now when a lot of employees are temporary seasonal help. If it really bugs you, go back and ask them to explain it to you. If they can't, then they'll refund your money!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• yes and why do you have spend so much to get so little of?
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008