Which old wives tale do you REALLY believe in?

I know there are so many but is there one that you actully think is true???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• None... My pregnancies have contradicted all of them :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• the heartburn means a lot of hair one...i would get heartburn after one sip of water every single day and she came out with a full head of hair
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i agree with the heartburn means alot of hair one too...i found that out with my son
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If you think about it, "old wives tale" is a way of putting down a truth because it came from a woman who is old....It disrespects the knowledge of our female ancestors...My grandmother taught me a lot of good things that mainstream society puts down...herbs used as medicine, chicken soup for colds, massage, good nutrition, that a baby CAN be potty-trained before the age of one, and you don't have to spank them to do it....breast massage with olive oil CAN prevent breast cancer because our skin is porous and absorbs the nutrients and well as the massage moves toxins through your body....that every person's body is unique so that what works for one will not work for another so you have to try something else....I could go on and on...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i really like anna's answer. it drives me crazy when mom's want to bite your head off for potty training before one. i always use herbs and other all natural remedies
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If wivestales were true...then they would be true for ALL pregnant women, not just some.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011