Pills...Shot...IUD's adult content

I was taking birth control for around 3 months until it went down hill...
4th month was soooo sick! Well I stopped it and I have an appointment
next Friday for a different method. Of course, I'll be talking with my dr...

But, have any of you ladies switched the kind of PILL? Friends say just to go
to the Depo shot, because pills make me sick. Automatically? JW if anyone has found
a pill that did NOT work, then one that worked...

It made me sick...could not eat, lost weight, Acne got bad...
Now I've been off of it, the acne has gotten better, gained my few pounds back,
I can eat meals! Wooo! Input??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Health

• ALL hormonal BC has health risks including infertility (later), as well as cancer, heart and kidney issues and so on. Your hormones are very delicate and messing with that can have real consequences. As for what does and doesn't work, that is different for every person. None of them are 100%! And unfortunately by the time you find out if it's not working for you, you're pregnant.

Personally, I would never again risk hormonal pills, shots or IUDs. The dangers are just to great for me. Plus, they don't work well enough. I'm a fan of good old fashioned condoms and sponges!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The pill didn't work for me. I puked on every kind they threw at me. I eventually got mirena & loved it, but it's not for everyone. This is something only your gyno can answer. She can tell you about all the forms of BC out there & which ones might work better for you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2011