TO PLUG OR NOT TO PLUG WHEN PASSING GAS IS A NATURAL BODY FUNCTION?

WITH AGING I HAVE FOUND MYSELF NATURALLY PASSING GAS, ESPECIALLY AFTER EATING FRUIT, WHICH IS A NECESSITY AND GOOD FOR US.     OMG, I want to run and hide especially when I in public.   I KNOW FOR YOUNG BOYS, LIKE MY SON, FARTING IS COOL.   I've tried everything sold over the counter and my doctor said "IT'S QUITE NATURAL, GET USE TO IT"!!  WHAT DO YOU THINK?    ANY REMEDIES THAT WORK?    CSJOY1 

sarcasm

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Health

• I don't go out of my way to make sure they are loud and obnoxious but I would never try to stop myself from farting either. It IS natural and normal and I simply see no reason to try to stop it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Oh my goodness, lol. Farting is natural and everyone does it! I let it rip when I have to. I agree that farting is funny, but then again, I work in a nursing home where I'm surrounded by farting old people. Bodily functions don't bother me what-so-ever.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• LOL..........Beano helps a little. It doesn't make it go away like the ads say but it does make it more bearable.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• All mammals pass wind. Even whales. Eat more cooked foods and try some vegetarian meals. You might have a parasite or a bacteria in your gut. Buy some over-the-counter worm medicine from the pharmacy. Exercise strenuously every second day.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011