Those who have been on Depo Provera.... adult content

PROS - CONS ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pros: very easy, don't have to remember to take it, very accurate, never used condoms with my husband

Cons: I bled for over 6 months straight when I first got on it, I had a very hard time getting pregnant once I got off it (over a year), gained alot of weight when I first started taking it, very bad for your bones, make sure you take calcium supplements

I would not recommend it to anyone. I was on it for atleast 6 or 7 years.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I didn't have a problem with it, i did spot sometimes but that's it. My girlfriend gained a TON of weight on it, but she also ate like a pig. After i turned 18, my mom cut off my insurance & i couldn't pay for it out of pocket anymore, so i stopped using that. I only used it for like a year.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It totally messed me up. Had my p for almost a year straight couple days off every. Now and then.
    katiemae47

Answer by katiemae47 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I've been on it for a little over a year. I just stopped spotting. I was in contact with my doctor and was put on a few med. To try and get the spotting under control. I have gained weight, and I eat very healthy. We do all organic foods, no pop, I chase 2 kids around all day.... And I have still gained weight.

Pros: easy, every 3 months you go in and get a shot. As long as you get the shot within the time frame, you don't have to take a pregnancy tests.

Cons: spotting, everyone is different, it will take 6-12 months to come off the shot, so you will have to prepare ahead of time if you are planning on getting pregnant. Weight gain. And weight loss, it is very hard to lose weight on it. Some women get bad break outs, mine have been up and down.

Just make sure you do a lot of research on it.... I chose it for the ease, Im not good at taking a pill everyday...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011