Is it normal for it to be too soon to see the embryo @ 4wks

I went to a clinic to confirm that i was preggo and i got an other BFP but the ultrasoud tech said that it was too early and that she couldn't see anything yet. I'm nervous. She told me to go back in a wk.

Jackie0216

Asked by Jackie0216 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, that is normal. They see an empty sac and no heartbeat at 4 weeks. Between 6-8 weeks they should see the heartbeat. My OB actually won't even do the first exam until you're at least 6 weeks pregnant. Don't worry - very normal.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yeah...thats too soon.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Very early. Lots of times they can't be seen until 6-8 wks
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 11:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• all they can see at like 5 weeks is a yolk sack. A little white ball. That was my earliest ultrasound.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i had mine done at 7 weeks and they had 2 do a vaginal one to see it they cudnt see ne thing with an abdominal one i know how u feel cuz when she did an abodominal one and there was nothin g there it freaked me out so she asked me if i wntd her to do a vag one or come back i chose the vag one i dndnt wnt to be a nervous wreck for the next week or two
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• We didnt see my little one until around 9 weeks. 10 weeks,

and it was done vaginally,

Around 10 weeks u can see their lil arm buds and leg buds...omg...it was just to adroable she was wiggling around haha i cried, ;o)

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had an ultrasound at 4 weeks and saw nothing. Then at 6 weeks I saw the yolk sack and a litle tiny heartbeat. It's normal.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Completely normal, hon =) Don't worry.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yeah I had a ultrasound at exactly 6 weeks and seen only a dot
    Anonymous