Being a Mom

Whats the hardest thing for you to deal with?

Me, is when my babies are sick.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think the hardest part of being a mother for me is always that deepest fear that my baby will be taken from me. At one point i thought i was going to loose him. As a younger baby (he is now two), i took him to the doctors because he was so sick and she told me she thought he had mengitis (btw babies dont survive mengitis) I was so tramatized i held my baby in my arms and cried. They shipped us over to a big hospital, and after hours of serious heartbreak and terror they told me he was fine, thank god!. But at that moment when i thought i was going to loose him, i found myself pleading with God. I found mself begging God to have my own life to save my sons (i know it doesnt work like that, youd be amazed at what you say and do to keep your child safe). I never want to go through that moment ever again. My heart wont be able to handle it.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The noise & chaos... I've always been a quiet, neat person. Now I have overactive boys and I just want to cry every day!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• For me. The hardest part about being a mom has been..

Letting go over the years. Knowing when to stand back and let my son fall and pick himself back up on his own. Make his own choices, even if I didn't agree with them, and stand back and watch him deal with the repercussions/consequences of those choices (for good or ill). Letting him be his own man, think his own way, view the world his own way, feel his own way, believe is own way and live his own live in the manner of his choosing. The daily life aspect of being "mom", piece of cake..Knowing when to let go and let my son be his own man and lead his own life, not so easy. It's hard watching your child fall down in life, it's hard watching them deal with consequences/repercussions of things that you knew weren't going to work out to begin with. However, that is also part of being mom, letting go when it is time to do so.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• tantrums, autism stuff, total unknown future for her
    looks from other adults when i am out with daughter and she is different than the other kids, so i get the look, or worse they look away
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Doctors visits. My SO has to take him. I just find the procedures and the way they check for things so invasive and traumatic. Last time I had to go sit in the car and SO had to pull over on the way home to calm me down. :(
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I agree with you, seeing my baby sick or in pain just makes me feel so bad and helpless. I do everything I can to make her feel better, Shes a lil trooper though. & I also think the teenage years are going to be hard!!! And also for me dealing with everything on my own I never get a break or help from anyone, Not complaining but its not easy!!
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 3:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Letting them go into the world after all the nurturing.

Answer by older at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• beautifully said pixitrix
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You brought me to tears reading your answer bobbysgurl and I would of been the same exact way & so happy your baby is ok....
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Not knowing how he's going to grow up. I want him to grow up to accept Christ on his own accord, be a thoughtful, generous young man who loves his family and trats people well.

There are so many variables that can influence him I just hope he turns out well.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011