my son will be 3 in march

I have yet not decided what were doing for his birthday. we don't have a lot of money. so were thinking of doing it at home. or at my parents.. but what to do for it??

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In my personal opinion, and it's just that, he's only three, have a little bit of cake with him at home with close family (and maybe one special friend if he insists). Save the money you do have. When he's older, the simple parties just sometimes won't cut it, and that's when the money will be flying out of your wallet.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It depends on what you want to do. If you dont have alot of money just do it at home, get a birthday kit, i loved that for my son, it was 20 bucks or so at walmart and comes in a box, they have things like a Cars theme, Winnie the pooh, transformers....it comes with decorations, hats, food and cake plates, and gift bags (for a party of like 8 i believe, i might be wrong), cakes can be cheap, like at walmart (lol can you tell i shop at walmart alot?), you can make the food, a casserole can feed alot of people cheap, two casseroles and your good, or a couple pizzas, and for gift bags we went to target (shocking!) and we loaded up on the one dollar section of stuff to put in gift bags. In the end my husband and i spent about 70-100 dollars on everything, but i also went all out for his birthday cake (it was his first birthday) and we bought pizza and kfc lol, and my sons birthday was all adults so we had to feed about 10 adults.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i also agree with amybaby...that is another money saving option, we plan on doing that this year for our son, he is turning two
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i agree with first reply
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011