What are some cute pageant hairstyle ideas for an 7 year old? I want her to look her age and her hair is about 3 inches past her shoulders.

She is wearing a very fancy dress which is floorlength. The dress is very sparkly and dramatic.

BrandyB26

Asked by BrandyB26 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Roll her hair on sponge rollers and pull it back in a ponytail with a nice band that matches the dress, the curls will not fall out, and she will be able to sleep with the rollers in,, btw--wet hair! Thanks for making her look age appropriate!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thank you. we have been doing school pageants for about 3 years and I always let her be natural as much as possible. I have tried to spongerollers before and it didnt work out so well!! I did that last year when she was crowning the new winner and it was a complete mess. My mom always curled my hair with spongerollers but I have fine hair. My daughter has pretty thick hair and the rollers made her hair look very big! I rushed her to my hair salon for a quick fix. I am thinking about pulling her into some sort of updo but nothing really fancy because her dress is so dramatic. I do think a hair band of some kind will be just perfect
    BrandyB26

Comment by BrandyB26 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• yes well done u momma and gl!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2011